23.10.16

ZODIAC

I love this time of the year for watching tons and tons of horror / suspense / thriller / all around moody films. They are my absolute favourites (as I've shared before herehere and here)! David Fincher is one of the very best contemporary directors in the genre in my opinion. I love his whole filmography but have a special soft spot in my heart for Zodiac. Based on a true story, the film weaves a sophisticate yet creepy tale around the quest for the identity of the Zodiac killer, a serial murderer in the San Francisco Bay Area in the 1960's and 70's. Jake Gyllenhaal is flawless as the lead character of this unconventional investigation and author of the book the film is based on, Robert Graysmith. A must see if, like me, your favourite part of Halloween is scary movies! Virginie XO